Restore - error message - Error: central directory is empty, can't expand corrupt archive.

Hi

I am attempting to restore from a backup but I have the above message.

any suggestions.

Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

That's an error related to the compression of the archive file. Either you're trying to read a file that the current software is too old to read, or the file is damaged or corrupt.

Check the versions of the software used to create the archive and what you're trying to import it into (including the versions of Java the servers are using). That's unlikely to be the problem, but you do need to rule it out.

Then, see if you can open the archive/backup file in simple zip/gzip/bzip programs to see if it is a valid file. If they fail, then your backup is broken!

Hi Nic- My restore - Server is platform 1.7 and the backup file is from 1.6

Will this be the reason

Regards

I assume that's Java versions. That's extremely unlikely, as compression is almost always "backward compatible" - new versions can read older files.

Can you open the archive in an archive reading program? Zip/bzip/gzip etc?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

203 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you