Restore deleted issue type

Francesc_Arbó June 15, 2014

Hi,

I have a JIRA version 6.1 and I need to restore the Epic Issue Type with all it's functionalities because I deleted by error.

Is it possible without loosing everything I have configured?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2014

Hi,

I think that Unfortunately you can't. Try to restore from backup xml or from dump database.

0 votes
Azfar Masut December 24, 2015

You will need to delete the rest of the issue type created by Agile which has  "Created by JIRA Agile - do not edit or delete.xxx ". Once done, go to manage add on, you will see agile become disable. Enable it back, and JIRA Agile will recreate these issue type. However, the impact on this is unknown as the new issue type ID will be different, thus, may impact on your existing/closed issue.

Please do not delete these issue type in any means if possible as it can result to your JIRA Agile report to become haywire.

0 votes
Francesc_Arbó June 17, 2014

Well, finally there is no other option but re-install JIRA.

Thank you all for your answers.

0 votes
Francesc_Arbó June 16, 2014

Thank you. I don't have any backup because it was done some months ago.

Do you think is possible to merge a clean database in the database running?

Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2014

Hi Francesc,

Database merge might also be an option. But its more complicated to get all entried relavent to an Issue type in the DB. But it can be worth a try if its very critical.

By the way did you try to re-install JIRA Agile, it might create the missing issuetype again I guess.

Vijay

0 votes
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2014

Hi Francesc,

I am afraid but there is no straight way to do the restore of deleted Issue type.

May be if you have a backup, you can set up a new test instance with old data where you had needed tasks. You can then try to move all Epics from test instance to another test instance that doesnt have the issue type.

I havent tried anything of that sort and see it as a tidious task.

Vijay

Suggest an answer