Restore Jira without sending email

M.B. Vis November 17, 2013

Hi,

Last week I did a full restore from our local envoirement of Jira to the cloud. In our local version we have over 700 users and in the cloud we have a license for only 50 users. For this reason Jira in the cloud send to all administrators 600+ emails about users that can't login. If I turn off email notifications in the backend of Jira cloud (system ->outgoing email ->Disable outgoing email), will it not turn on again when I do the import again, so I have no emails?

Vis

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013

Hi Vis,

It's quite common for people to want to disable JIRA notifications when restoring their data, so you are certainly not alone in needing to do this. We actually document the process of disabling mail notifications in our documentation on restoring JIRA data so hopefully the following link should contain the information you require to do this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Restoring+Data#RestoringData-disableemail

All the best,
John

0 votes
M.B. Vis November 17, 2013

I saw this article, But i can't start jira cloud version with parameters. How can I do this with the cloud version?

Suggest an answer