Restore JIRA Users only?

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2015

I just upgraded to 7.0 and migrated to a new server.  Previously we were kind of in a "test run".  I don't want to import all my workflows, types, issues and other stuff, but I would like to retain my user tables.  

Can I simply restore dbo.cwd_user?  Are there other tables needed? Any other considerations or concerns?

1 answer

0 votes
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2015

Hi Scott!

Instead of changing data directly in your database, I would recommend to just delete all the projects and workflows for this JIRA instance and keep only the user data.

There are several tables with user data besides the cwd_user one.

Cheers!
Teilor

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2015

Hmm, my concern is that this was a test environment and it is very cluttered. My aim is "fresh and clean". Besides, I only have about 10 users. I'd rather have them reregister than risk leaving some clutter or broken constraints.

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2015

Is there any way to do SSO with Office 365 yet? :)

Suggest an answer