Restore Deleted Resolution (Fixed) 10001

How can I restore deleted resolution , its Id is 10001. Thank youScreenshot from 2018-10-09 17_54_14.png

2 answers

2 votes

Actually, you can't.  You can add back the resolution with the same name, but it will take on a different id.  You should do that, and then update the functions that were using the old 10001 to use the new id.

Thanks @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] , will update you later

Hi Nic, I am on my way to update the functions that were using the old 10001 to new id but I am getting this error

Key starts with 'jira.' but is not known to JIRA.

jira.status.id

here is the xml of the workflow and the old Id to be replaced

trt1.png

and here is when I add another jira.status.id

trtg.pngplease help thanks

I modifed xml file using notepad , will give you feedback. thanks

You're looking at unrelated things.

Properties on transitions and status are not related to the resolution id.  Additionally, you appear to be trying to set a status property, not a resolution one.

Could you explain what you are trying to do, and what problem you are trying to fix?

Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] , the problem is I want to export my test project using your product which is the Project Configurator, and whenever I am exporting my project on test prod, it says that there is no Resolution Id 10001, I think we accidentally delete that so I came up with your solution to replace all old 10001 with the new Id that's why I'm doing that part.

I replaced all old resolution id that was accidentally deleted with the new id, and came to that part of jira.status.id , so I edited it too. Am I doing it right? @Nic Brough [Adaptavist]

Absolutely not.

You are mixing up status and resolution, and your "search and replace" could easily have damaged all sorts of things.

I think you should go back to the backup you took before doing any of this work. 

Then describe what you are trying to do and why and we can guide you on how to do it the right way.

Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist], Okay, I am going to revert the workflow and show you whats the problem I am facing with the Project Configurator

Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] , here is the error on the project. I am trying to export this test project from test-prod and import it on prod to see if we can catch the following configs using scriptrunner: Listeners, Scripted Fields, Behaviors , and the JIRA configs : Screens, Custom Fields, Workflow. But this error is preventing us to export the projectScreenshot from 2018-10-11 09_52_00.png

Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] , I already revert it back to original workflow, then edit the resolution value only, not all id with 10001, and it allows me to export the project. I only changed the values in the errors occured. Am I doing it right? Thank you

That's better, yes, the edit of the workflow has corrected whatever was trying to use the old resolution that you deleted.

Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist], will Project Configurator capture the listeners , post functions, behaviors, scripted field?

can you verify if I am doing it right?

Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist], will Project Configurator capture the listeners , post functions, behaviors, scripted field? 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

456 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you