Restarted JIRA and failed due to build number inconsistency - 6.03

Peter July 27, 2013

Restarted server and recevied this error: (before this, had no issue at all)

Failed to start JIRA due to a build number inconsistency.

The data present in your database is newer than the version of JIRA you are trying to startup.

Database version is: 6124

JIRA app version is: 6099

Please use the correct version of JIRA. You are running: 6.0.3#6099-sha1:c2054781884e1c4d112ab9d1ae9f36bba0be0b25

2013-07-27 16:32:13

The database version table entry does show an upgrade to 6124 in a few of the rows, around 6/30, which was when I installed JIRA. Again, until I restarted the server, there were no issues.

Thanks.

Peter

9 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2013
0 votes
tienthanhakay October 3, 2013

Hi all!

I have a similar problem.

I have tried fix it by follow link:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/79340/jira-fails-to-start-different-database-version

But I don't know where configuration file to edit:

<properties>
<jira.version>4.0.1</jira.version>
<jira.data.version>4.0</jira.data.version>
<amps.version>3.11</amps.version>
</properties>

Please tell me where is the file.

I'm using standalone jira.

Thank a lot!

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2013

the proble is with your custom plugins? what are the plugins you deployed?

0 votes
Peter August 13, 2013

This question has been resolved.

0 votes
Peter August 13, 2013

This has been resolved. Thanks again for all your help.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2013

if any answer(s)/comments helped to you then don't forgot to accept as a answer/vote up!

if you have your own answer then add it here so it will help to other user aswell!!

0 votes
Peter July 28, 2013

yes, but they are in JAR format ... are you saying that they are causing the issues ?

when they were installed (from JIRA plugin management), they had not issues ... but this was the first time i restarted the instance.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2013

i am not speaking about jira installation,

i am speaking about custom plugins which you have installed!

did you installed any plugin's in your instance?

0 votes
Peter July 28, 2013

Hmm ... this is an installed version, there are no pom's in the exploded WAR directories. I am not building this thing, running it from a web container.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2013

the problem with the custom plugins so check your plugin poms

0 votes
Peter July 28, 2013

Thanks for those links. However, this is an installed JIRA on Tomcat, and not sure I understand how a mvn clean is supposed to fix this.

Suggest an answer