Restart JIRA

sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2014

How can I restart JIRA? Is this possible from a Web browser?

5 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

9 votes
Answer accepted
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2014

For Windows:

Use \JIRA\stop_service.bat to stop JIRA and \JIRA\start_service.bat to start JIRA again. You can do it also by using service management console in Windows. Web Browser is not possible at this time.

For Linux:

start-jira.sh and stop-jira.sh (you find this files in bin folder of your instance)

sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

Where is that script? I can't found it on my server. Maybe it isn't on the server (via sFTP or FTP)? I'm working on the Mac system.

I use JIRA download version and it's on my linux server

codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

Ok, Linux? Then use start-jira.sh and stop-jira.sh. This files should be found in bin folder.

codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

Did you find it?

0 votes
sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2014

Is it possible to restart (shutdown and start) JIRA from phpMyAdmin?

0 votes
sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

Hi Andre,

What is the name of the file and where I have to upload this file? Am I understand it's working like this:

- when I'm logging to JIRA as that user it start JIRA

- when i"m loging off it stops JIRA?

0 votes
Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

Hi Pawel,

from browser it is not possible.

We wrote init.d scripts:

{code}

#!/bin/bash
#
#

case "$1" in
start)
echo "starting JIRA tomcat"
su - JIRAUSER -c "/opt/start/bin/startup.sh"
;;
stop)
echo "stoping Jira Tomcat"
su - JIRAUSER-c "/opt/start/bin/shutdown.sh"
echo "wait15s and kill java"
sleep 15
/usr/bin/pkill -U JIRAUSERjava

;;
*)
echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop}"
exit 1
;;
esac

exit 0
{code}

JIRAUSER is a dedicated user that starts/stops our jira
Our Jira lies under /opt/JIRA-INSTALL and /OPT/JIRAHOME.

/opt/start is a symbolic link to /opt/JIRA-INSTALL

with those /etc/init.d scripts you can start/stop jira (or whatever) as root but the application is started/stopped as the dedicated user.

Kind regards
André

Leander Costa February 10, 2018

Every day I need restart my Jira Software self hosted. Why? I have create a sh job?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2018

Why are you restarting it?

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

In case it is installed on a Windows machine, you may have it configured as a Windows service. You can see more details here.

Cheers

codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

Please look at the comments. He is using linux.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question