Mohin 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2014

On upgrade, or system maintenance.

Mohin Uddin October 12, 2014

Thanks I have one question. If I am facing proxy errors or JIRA startup failure issues or simply that the apache server is not responding – The (JIRA) application needs to be rebooted? Am I right

Mohin Uddin October 12, 2014

Thanks

I have one question.

If I am facing proxy errors or JIRA startup failure issues or simply that the apache server is not responding – The (JIRA) application needs to be rebooted?

Am I right?

proxy_error.png

depp_support.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2014

Those would come under "maintenance" in my mind. Restarting Jira as a "knee-jerk" response to this sort of error is the *wrong* thing to do. You need to work out why it is failing and act appropriately. The Lock error you are getting is because it thinks Jira is already running. To fix that, you need to check if it is before removing it and restarting (if you don't check, you could do a lot of damage to your system) The proxy error could be because Jira is still starting, or has died, or has been killed. Or you've got the wrong configuration in the proxy. Or you've moved Jira and not changed the proxy. Or. Or. Or. For "startup errors", read the log. Carefully. You really need to understand your own system before you can take the decision to restart.

Suggest an answer