Rest api to acces worklogs and filtering,

ARNAL Laurent December 16, 2014

Hello,

I try to get the worklogs for issue via rest api.

I give a try using the following api:

/rest/api/2/search?jql=key in workedIssues("2014/12/08", "2014/12/16", "username")&fields=worklog

the matter with this call is that the api return issue filter by date and name, but worklogs inside the issue is not filter by the date and name. So when I ask for december issue, I get back January issue first, and other users I don't want. Also, result in worklogs are constraint by page size, and I get only the first 20 results. I don't find anyway to get next page results.

I know I could also use this api:

/rest/api/2/issue/{issueKey}/worklog

The matter with this one is that i don't find anyway to limits the results. I don't find a way to give a filter on the date, or on the user. The apis don't seems also to support the startAt and maxResults parameters. This is really bad for us, because we have issues with lot of worklogs (around ~5000), and network operations are very slow in this case.

Do you know if there is any other ways to get worklogs for a specific users and period, or if i can do pagination on any of this two request worklogs ?

If no, do you have any enhancement plan for this API ?

Regards,

Laurent.

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2016

Suggest an answer