Rest Search: expanding the issue changelog section

Todd Beverly April 3, 2013

Hi.

I'm using the Rest API (http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/#id251456) to do a search, return issues and then extract the changelog for each issue. What I'm ultimately doing is time in status statistics on thousands of issues. I can successfully do a REST search, get the issuekey for each issue and then do a issue lookup with "expand=changelog" to get the changelog information and parse it.

The documentation link above suggests that it's possible to expand subsections by using expand=section.subsection, but when I try this with the Search REST, I get 400 errors. I tried expand=changelog expand=issue.changelog and expand=issues.changelog Is it possible to do this kind of expansion in a search and if so, what would the expand parameter look like?

I can use what I have, but it seems like it would be faster to just do one search.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2013

Hi Todd,

Actually using expand=changelog , expand=issue.changelog .. etc should work here, I have just tested with my test instance. Can you please elaborate more on this by giving an exmaple for your request?

Cheers,

Omar

Anil Kabra May 30, 2013

Omar, which version did you test successfully against? I have version 5.2.11 and I am still facing the same issue as Todd.

Suggest an answer