Resource Management Report -- Over all projects

Tiash Zaman November 18, 2014

Hello:

I like to know in ALL the projects (company wide), not in a single project:

How many Issues are currently assigned to a user,

how many have they completed in a given period,

and how many estimated hours of work is assigned to them for a given period .

Thanks!

4 answers

2 votes
Asael Sepúlveda November 18, 2014

You have to create filters for each one:

How many Issues are currently assigned to a user: Create a filter that shows every issue and use it on a pie chart gadget grouped by assignee. You can also just query for assignee = <User> to see the results size

how many have they completed in a given period: 

1. resolutiondate < now()
  2. resolutiondate < "2014/11/01" and resolutiondate > "2014/10/01"

how many estimated hours of work is assigned to them for a given period: you can use the workload gadget

1 vote
Asael Sepúlveda November 19, 2014

Hey Tiash,

As for saving the reports, you can save them as filters and from there you and your users can subscribe to them in order to receive them periodically: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Receiving+Search+Results+via+Email

As for the workload pie chart, you do need the JIRA charting plugin and also have time tracking enabled:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Workload+Pie+Chart+Report

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2015

You can create this report and any custom multi-dimensional report like this:

1. Create a JQL filter that returns the issues (from all the projects) that you want to include in the report. At this point you probably want to filter these to the "given period" you mentioned.
  2. With the Better Excel Plugin, create a template which exports the following raw data for each issue:

Column "A": issue key
Column "B": assignee user name (or display name)
Column "C": resolution date (if resolved) or leave it blank
Column "D": estimated hours

1.  Finally create the following Excel pivot tables:

Between column "A" and "B": how many Issues are currently assigned to a user

Between column "B" and "C": how many have they completed in a given period,

Between column "B" and "D": how many estimated hours of work is assigned to them for a given period

This should be fairly straightforward if you follow this Excel pivot table tutorial.

0 votes
Tiash Zaman November 19, 2014

Thanks Asael for your response. 

For the Workload Gadget – I used the  Report: Workload Pie Chart Report and got this 500 error: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError. Do I need to download and install the JIRA Charting Plugin?

Also, how can I save the reports in JIRA?

Suggest an answer