Resolving tickets but they are not being picked up in reports or when I try to filer

Natalie Bateman October 21, 2019

I have been looking at Service Desk Reporting both in the tool and with Plug-ins.  In looking at various reports it is showing that I have not closed any tickets - however I know that I have.

This has been since the 1st October was the last time that I have any resolution date in a ticket.

On a basic search for tickets resolved between - 1st October and today's date it brings up 10 tickets.

Service Desk closed.PNG

If I do a search for tickets in a status of Done that have been updated since the 1st October I get 51 tickets.

Service Desk Done updated.PNG

If I go into the ticket then I can see there is no Resolved date in the dates section

no resolved date.png

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2019

It appears you aren't setting the resolution. In the first screen show the resolution field and date have values but not in the next one. Just based on that I would say your workflow was changed to not allow the user to set the resolution field or a post functions setting resolution was dropped. 

Natalie Bateman October 21, 2019

I am marking the ticket as Done and on most instances setting the resolution as you can see below but it is still 'Resolved' field without a date

Capture.PNG

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2019

I'm at a loss for why the date isn't set when the resolution field is set. I would go back to see what changed between the different behaviors. You might also go into the issue history to see if the date was set and then cleared. 

Suggest an answer