Resolved issues aren't counted as Burndown in report

Clara Luneke April 15, 2016

I've also submitted a support request regarding this, but posting here as well in case someone else is having the same issue:

We've been using JIRA Software projects to plan sprints for a few months now, and we recently decided that, to best reflect our process, it would be ideal for most issue types to be "resolved" and considered "burndown" towards their current sprint before they've fully completed their workflow.

To accommodate this, I added post functions to the relevant transitions in the workflow that set the issue resolution from "none" to a new resolution that I made called "dev done". I also changed the status type from "in progress" to "done" (yellow to green, essentially).

Now, when I make issues that use this workflow and add them to my current sprint, I can transition them through to status that I altered and see them get "crossed off" in the "backlog" and "active sprints" views of my board, but when I look at the detailed "Burndown Chart" report I do not see an entry for "burndown - issue completed" for that issue (although I do see the record for scope change , with the correct story points, when the issue was added to the sprint).

Additionally, a strange thing happens when I proceed to the next status in the workflow; although the status is a yellow "in progress" type, and that transition does not include any custom post functions, and it's not the final step in the workflow, the issue WILL be counted as burndown in the report once it has hit this status. I've made sure to try refreshing the report after transitioning the issue and re-indexing JIRA after the workflow changes were made. 

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2016

For the resolved issues, are they in your "done" column?  That's what the burndown chart uses.

Suggest an answer