I've also submitted a support request regarding this, but posting here as well in case someone else is having the same issue:
We've been using JIRA Software projects to plan sprints for a few months now, and we recently decided that, to best reflect our process, it would be ideal for most issue types to be "resolved" and considered "burndown" towards their current sprint before they've fully completed their workflow.
To accommodate this, I added post functions to the relevant transitions in the workflow that set the issue resolution from "none" to a new resolution that I made called "dev done". I also changed the status type from "in progress" to "done" (yellow to green, essentially).
Now, when I make issues that use this workflow and add them to my current sprint, I can transition them through to status that I altered and see them get "crossed off" in the "backlog" and "active sprints" views of my board, but when I look at the detailed "Burndown Chart" report I do not see an entry for "burndown - issue completed" for that issue (although I do see the record for scope change , with the correct story points, when the issue was added to the sprint).
Additionally, a strange thing happens when I proceed to the next status in the workflow; although the status is a yellow "in progress" type, and that transition does not include any custom post functions, and it's not the final step in the workflow, the issue WILL be counted as burndown in the report once it has hit this status. I've made sure to try refreshing the report after transitioning the issue and re-indexing JIRA after the workflow changes were made.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot