Resolved issues are still in My Open Issues filter

Joanne Morgan October 3, 2016

I have created a workflow where the final step is a custom status called 'Completed', reached via a transition called 'Complete'. When I create an issue and take it through the workflow to 'Completed', it still shows up in the My Open Issues gadget on my dashboard.

The issues in question are displaying a Status of 'Completed' and the resolution is 'Resolved'. The post-functions for the transition to 'Completed' in the workflow are as follows:

1. The Resolution of the issue will be set to Resolved.
  2. Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step.
  3. Add a comment to an issue if one is entered during a transition.
  4. Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database.
  5. Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.
  6. Fire a Issue Resolved event that can be processed by the listeners.

What am I doing wrong here? Why are these issues that are supposedly 'Resolved' still showing up in my open issues?

Edit: for some reason, step 2 keeps vanishing. It should read: Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2016

How are you defining this "my open issues" gadget?  Do you mean the "assigned to me", or have you got another gadget you've named "my open issues"?

Joanne Morgan October 4, 2016

The text of the filter is: assignee = currentUser() AND resolution = Unresolved order by updated DESC

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2016

Hmm.  That looks right to me.  Two things spring to mind though:

1. Could you check that the list of custom fields does not contain one called "resolution"?  If it does, then rename it to something like "resolution-maybe" and then retry the filter.
  2. Could you check exactly what the resolution field says on the plain issue view screen, next to the status indicator?  Definitely "Resolved"?
Joanne Morgan October 5, 2016
  1. I had a look and there's no custom field called 'Resolution'. Good thinking though.

2. This is a direct snip from one of the issues:image2016-10-4 13:46:35.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2016

One last straw to clutch at for me - could you try

assignee = currentUser() AND resolution is empty order by updated DESC

I'm not expecting it to work (and I think there's still a problem if it does), but it might tell us more.  Look at the number of results, is it the same as the "unresolved" query?

Joanne Morgan October 5, 2016

Okay, the query you sent came back with a different set of issues, which sent me down a rabbit-hole that has solved the problem!

Basically, the system dashboard has been set up with a filter gadget called 'My Open Issues'. We also have a 'favourite' filter called 'My Open Issues'. I assumed that this filter was being used for the gadget. I was wrong! The filter for the gadget is some crazy, overly complicated thing, that actually searches for a status of either Closed or Resolved. 

So thank you for your help!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2016

Yay!  That's a good rabbit hole!  Nicely spotted!

Suggest an answer