Resolve Issue screen - how to update field?

huangbe May 7, 2014

Hi all,

I'm wanting to add extra fields, such as root Cause within the "Resolve Issue" screen, but within Issues or projects, I cannot find anywhere where I can update this.

I have been updating create page and edit page and default pages without much problems, so I (sort of) know my way around. I just just can't find anywhere where I can update the last page.

Please help. Any advise is appreciated.

Regards,

4 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2014

Hello Bernard,

you need to retrieve the resolution screen associated to your workflow transition first (Resolve Issue Scrren is the resolution screen associated to Deafult JIRA Workflow). After doing that, go to JIRA Administration -> Screen and locate your screen. You can now update it just clicking on configure button.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

1 vote
Daniel Luevano April 30, 2015

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum] how can I do this part?:

"you need to retrieve the resolution screen associated to your workflow transition first "

thanks in advance!

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2015

Hello Daniele, if you are using the default JIRA Workflow (or a copy), it is "Resolution Screen" within Screen administration, otherwise you need to go to the specific transition and retrive the associated screen name. Regards, Fabio

0 votes
huangbe May 7, 2014

Yep, gentlemen. I found it too, 5 mins after I raised this question.

Go to Issues > Screens > [find the resolution screen] , and click configure. The rest is add whatever predefined fields I created.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2014

Hi Bernard,

Go to your Screen Menu in the JIRA Administration pages (you can find it underneath the Issues tab)

Simply find the Resolve issue screen and add the field.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer