Resolve Issue screen - how to update field?

Hi all,

I'm wanting to add extra fields, such as root Cause within the "Resolve Issue" screen, but within Issues or projects, I cannot find anywhere where I can update this.

I have been updating create page and edit page and default pages without much problems, so I (sort of) know my way around. I just just can't find anywhere where I can update the last page.

Please help. Any advise is appreciated.

Regards,

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello Bernard,

you need to retrieve the resolution screen associated to your workflow transition first (Resolve Issue Scrren is the resolution screen associated to Deafult JIRA Workflow). After doing that, go to JIRA Administration -> Screen and locate your screen. You can now update it just clicking on configure button.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Hi Bernard,

Go to your Screen Menu in the JIRA Administration pages (you can find it underneath the Issues tab)

Simply find the Resolve issue screen and add the field.

Best regards,

Peter

Yep, gentlemen. I found it too, 5 mins after I raised this question.

Go to Issues > Screens > [find the resolution screen] , and click configure. The rest is add whatever predefined fields I created.

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum] how can I do this part?:

"you need to retrieve the resolution screen associated to your workflow transition first "

thanks in advance!

Hello Daniele, if you are using the default JIRA Workflow (or a copy), it is "Resolution Screen" within Screen administration, otherwise you need to go to the specific transition and retrive the associated screen name. Regards, Fabio

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

170 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you