Resolution value reset during Create transition

Huuuze December 9, 2016

I have the Resolution field on a screen as part of the Create transition. The user will set the value, however, it simply reverts to Unresolved after the issue is created. I've confirmed the Post Functions are not resetting the value, so I'm confused why the user's selected value doesn't get set.

This issue only happens during the Create transition; it works as designed with other transitions.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2016

To solve the presented question, I suspect you've got a post-function or listener clearing it.  Have a look at the issue history - does that show the selected value?

However, are you really sure you want to create resolved issues?  There are a couple of times where it's appropriate, but for the most part, you really don't want to do that.

Huuuze December 13, 2016

To solve the presented question, I suspect you've got a post-function or listener clearing it.  Have a look at the issue history - does that show the selected value?

I have reviewed the history and there is no evidence that the value is cleared via a post-function or listener.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2016

Ok, a history change would mean a listener or something after the initial creation.

Problem is that if you rule out post-functions and those listeners, there's actually nothing else that would do it.  It must be an add-on interfering somehow.  It's working fine on my test box (which is plain JIRA, some test data and some add-ons that don't get entwined with create)

Huuuze December 13, 2016

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist], is your test box accessible via the Internet? I want to make sure we're talking apples-to-apples on this issue.

Suggest an answer