Resolution status stays unchanged in case issue is reopened

Yevgen Lukyanov April 14, 2013

Hello,

Could you please help with the following.

Providing you simple steps:

1) Crate any issue in JIRA.

2) Resolve this issue and set any of the available Resolution statuses.

AR: Issue gets resolved (issue's number is striked-out)

3) Reopen current issue

AR: Issue gets reopened, Status field is changed to Reopen. Resolution status stays unchanged (issue is still striked-out)

Could you please advise what we can do in JIRA to have Resolution reset when reopening issue.

Thank you a lot and waiting for your feedback.

1 answer

1 vote
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2013

Hi Mizan,
Could you please attach here file with this doc. I'm unable to open it due to too long redirection link.

414 Request-URI Too Large

Thx

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2013

This is exactly how the default workflow does it - you can look in that for a worked example of how to do it.

Got it! Thx lot, guys!

We reopen issues via global transition. And afaik global transitions don't have post transitions. Is there any way to clear resolution field by global transtion or may be manually?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2013

Mmm, not that I can think of (for OnDemand. For standalone, I'd look at scribbling up a listener that catches "reopen" and blanks the resolution for you). Global transitions have uses, but this is not one of them, precisely because of this sort of problem. I'd dump it and use a shared transition instead.

Suggest an answer