Resolution screen doesn't show

Andreas Maratheftis September 6, 2017

Hey all

i created a custom software workflow based on the default JIRA workflow.

I have added the default resolution screen  in the transitions however when my users click on resolve the resolution screen is not shown and the status is not updated. They only way to  change a status is from the workflow dropdown.

Can you help ? How will the resolution screen show up when they click on resolve?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2017

The usual cause of this is that you have not associated the workflow with the project and issue type you are working with.

As "resolve" is not appearing to do anything, it suggests that the transition either has validators preventing the change of status, or it's set to loop back to the same status without any screen.  Check the history to see if the resolve button is actually having any effect.

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  thanks for your answer.

I have identfied the workflow and the project

The resolve button and resolve screens are shown when i change a bug from open to close or to re-open  which where statuses of the  default JIRA Software workflow which i have copied and then added two new statuses of my own in between.

So basically the default provided by JIRA was OPEN-IN PROGRESS-REOPENED-CLOSED

It seems that  the resolution scteen is shown for Reoponed and Closed

So i just added OPEN-IN PROGRESS-SYSTEM TESTING-QUALITY TESTING-REOPEND-CLOSED

I have specified the  Resolution screens in the transistions but no luck.

I have checked the History and the resolve button doesnt do anything

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2017

Ok, that rules out a looped transition.  So it must be a validator or post-function that is failing when you run it.  Errors in those should be written into the log (whether they are shown to the users or not), so you'll want to have a look through that next.

Suggest an answer