Resolution issues (Unresolved)

Matthew Wiegartner August 28, 2017

It seems that no matter what Resolution I choose when closing my issue, the Resolution status says "Unresolved" after the fact. This is especially problematic because the SLA timer continues to run, even though the issue is closed. How can I fix this problem?

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2017

That sounds unusual.  It sounds like you have the resolution on the transition screen so the users set it, but then it's blanked out (unresolved) by the time the issue redisplays.  Is that what you're describing?

If it is, then there are three things I can think might be doing it: a dodgy bit of javascript that drops out when you commit, a post-function or listener.

Could you pick an issue that it has happened to and look at the history?  Is it recording any "resolution changed" lines at all?  If so, what do they say?

1 vote
Mathieu Larouche August 28, 2017

I suggest you to verify your workflow: there is probably a post function in a transition that clear the resolution

Matthew Wiegartner August 28, 2017

There is no post-fuction stating anything about a resolution; only the default post fuctions exist in my workflow.

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2017

You will have to add a screen on the last transition call it "Resolution" and add the resolution field to it. This issue will be fixed for you. I have different resolutions "Work Complete", "Won't do","Blocked",...

In case you reopen the ticket thats when you need a post-function to clear the field.

Suggest an answer