Resolution indication on boards

Adam Grandt May 23, 2016

Issues with resolution None appear on the board with a strike through as if they have been resolved. Resolution None is not really a resolution, is it not?

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user May 24, 2016

Nic's right, when you identify the issues that need to have their resolution reset, you can follow the steps in the following link to clean things up. (been there, done that!)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/howto-bulk-edit-resolution-321857142.html

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2016

That would suggest that an inexperienced admin has done a really bad thing and added "none" as a resolution.

Go to the list of resolutions and check that!  (Also check for any other resolutions that are badly named).   If it is, then you'll need to fix it, and as fast as possible.  If it's not, then we'll need to look at a totally different pile of stuff

Adam Grandt May 23, 2016

Thank you for prompt response.

But if I delete resolution None, what should I use instead of it?

i,e how can I have "resolution" Unresolved?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2016

You blank it out, not use a word.

The rule JIRA uses is simple - if you looked in the database, you'll find the table jiraissue has a resolution column.  When this is empty, JIRA displays "unresolved".  When it's filled (and it doesn't matter what with), then an issue is struck out, and treated as resolved.

If you just delete none, JIRA will make you migrate it to another resolution.  You might not want to do that, so start by renaming it to "broken resolution, do not use" or something.

Then run a report on how big the problem is - a quick search for "resolution = broken" - what does that look like?

Suggest an answer