Resolution field does not update when create an issue ondemand

kA September 23, 2013

hi guys,

i am new to jira. i am create a workflow like when the transition starts it will be closed and the Resolution filed set into Resolved. After the transition, the project gets the strike out but the Resolution field does not set into Resolved.For that i am adding the Post Function but it is not works and also i am trying through the screen it is also not works. so kindly provide me the solution if anyone knows.

Thanks in advance,

Karthik.

12 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2013

the following way you can configure postfunction on create issue transition

1.Go to Administration > Workflows

2.Click the link for the workflow in 'Steps' column

3.Click 'Open/New' link in the Step Name column

4.Click 'Create Issue' link in the Workflow browser (the inbound transition that arrives into the Open step)

5.Add a post-function, 'Update Issue Field', and set the Resolution field to desired Value (if necessary, create a draft so the workflow is editable)

Make sure the Post-function is the first step in the list

3 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2013

Setting the resolution on the issue create is a special case detailed on the Advanced Workflow Configuration:

If you need to set the Resolution field when creating an issue, add the Update Issue Field post function after the Creates the issue originally post function and after that, use the Store Issue post function. The Store Issue post function is useful for setting the Resolutionfield during issue creation.

(warning) However, keep the use of the Store Issue post function to a minimum, since this post function:

• does not generate change history
  • is incapable of persisting fields that have a one-to-many relationship with the issue (for example, Version or Component)

For more details, check the entire documentation at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+workflow+configuration

Joseph Pursel June 16, 2017

Thank you Pedro,

I could not set the Resolution during the Create Issue transition. The Store Issue post function placed after the Update Issue Field - The Resolution of the issue will be set to Resolved does change the Resolution.

My use case is a workflow which has only the Closed status and the initial Create Issue transition. Used to document a fix that has taken place and needs to be recorded.

1 vote
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2013

Tell where the problem you are facing or in which transition you kept your postfunction?

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2013
1 vote
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2013

Screenshots?

0 votes
Gautham_Ganesh March 6, 2019

How do I add the resolution screen and only have it show up either the close or edit but not create issue screen?

0 votes
kA September 23, 2013

In the following link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+workflow+configuration#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-addtransitionvalidatorwd

i tried the special class paragraph, but it is not show the store issue

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2013

you check for Add link in the postfunction section, then you find Store Issue postfunction

0 votes
kA September 23, 2013

hi prasad,

i tried the steps you are giving but can't click into the 'Steps' column

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2013

create draft and try, can you share screen shot of your workflow?

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2013

comman, i am asking what post function you used to set resolution on create issue transition?

0 votes
kA September 23, 2013

create issue

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2013

which post function you configured?

0 votes
kA September 23, 2013

sorry, i am using in on demand.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2013

can you share your post function code?

Suggest an answer