Resolution email not sending my customisation

sparesFinder September 18, 2017

Hi All,

Am having trouble with email notifications, I receive the email with my 'Issue Resolution' to my inbox, including the Satisfaction stars, but I do not receive my customised email text, only the basic, original JIRA email.

1) I want to see my customised satisfaction text 'how was our service for this ticket'

2) I want to see my customised email called 'Request Resolved' with links to the ticket, a 'thank you for being patient' etc etc.

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
volkan ciftci
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2017

Hi;
in Jira service desk Server:
1) You can add text in Project setting-->Saticfaction Settings--> Question part. This text will be added when a request is resolved, and the "Request Resolved"notification rule is enabled.
2) You can edit Project setting-->Customer Notificaition--> Request resolved--> content part (you have to click enable checkbox next to save button) also there is "View Rrequest" part in the Preview part. this links to ticket.

Notification mail line should be as below when it's resolved;
1- Request resolved content part (as your edited)
--Grizz Frix resolved this as Done.
2- comment part if added a comment
-- ${event.user.name} commented:
${comment}
3- Saticfaction text and stars
--How was our service for this request?
4- view request part (this part is added all notification mails bottom of the mail, you can edit this part in Customer notifications-->Edit templates)
"View request · Turn off this request's notifications

This is shared with Alpha, Brett Kennedy, Rey Jakku, and Finn 2187.

Help Center, powered by JIRA Service Desk"

Details about Managing service desk notifications
https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver034/managing-service-desk-notifications-875313825.html

hope this will be helpful

sparesFinder September 20, 2017

Thanks for your answer, I am still having difficulty with the resolution email. My 1- Request resolved content part (as your edited) does not send on the email.

I cannot add the ${comment} to the resolution email - when I select anything to do with resolution it does not give me the option for comment.

I have gone around the issue by creating a custom template that WHEN a comment is added IF issue status is resolved then send email (this allows me to send comment - but no resolution text) (this is ok).

BUT! This custom email I cannot get it to trigger sending the satisfaction survey on the bottom of it!

Any ideas welcome thanks.

Suggest an answer