Resolution Field - new values in German????

Ingrid Boeck November 15, 2017

I´m Jira admin for 1 year. As I overtook the Jira administration, I saw, there are too many values for the field resolution. Some in English and the same values in German. So in April I deleted the German values or replaced them by English values. And I translated the English values to German.

And now, I have some German values back - I did not create them. How is is possible? where are the coming from? Due upgrade????

someone with the same problem?

Jira Software 7.3.2

View Resolutions - EVN JIRA - Internet Explorer_2017-11-15 14-39-02.png

1 answer

0 votes
Lenard Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2017

Hello Ingrid,

If I understand correctly, the custom fields were deleted back in April 2017, but suddenly re-appeared recently?
Was there any upgrades or other significant changes done (example: System restore) to your JIRA instance recently?

1. Could you run the query "select * from customfield;" and take note of the result.
  2. Next, go ahead and remove a couple the custom fields that re-appeared.
  3. Immediately after removing, go back to the database and run the query "select * from customfield;" again.
  4. Compare the before delete and after delete results to check whether the custom fields are deleted from the database.

Best regards,
Lenard

Ingrid Boeck November 16, 2017

Hi Lenard,

not custom fields, but the values in the field "Resolution". 

I deleted them back in April 2017 (or replaced the with the English value) and now some of them are back - see the screen shot - the german values. They look like being part of "out of the box" delivery an cannot be matched to the existing English values (which are also part of the out of the box version...).

Unfortunately I cannot say, on which date they exactly came back. I just saw yesterday, that they are back again.

To your question: no, we did not system restore. We did just some small updates of Jira Software and Zephyr for JIRA (currently version 3.6).

I thought maybe this is known problem with the values in the resolution field and using Jira in German language (or another language than English).

Best regards,

Ingrid

Lenard Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2017

Hi Ingrid,

My apologies. Apparently, I've misread the initial description.

It would be odd that these values are returning. At the moment, it seems that somehow, the system was rollbacked. Or, someone restored JIRA with a backup that contains the resolutions.

Do try running the query below to confirm that the resolution value exists in the database.

SELECT * FROM resolution;

Next, crosscheck against the jiraissue table to see whether there are any issues whose resolution contains the deleted resolutions.

Regards,

Lenard

Suggest an answer