Resloved after 3 days

Adrian Goliasz April 23, 2024

Hi,

i would like to ask you about the automatication in the Jira Service Management. My aim is: auto-resolved after 3 days from the set staus "waiting for approval". I've made the scenario, but still it is not working.

I set

when: the rule is starting after the update

status on of them: waiting for approval

update is equal: 3 days ago

if yes - edit the field of the task -> done.

Thanks for the help.

1 answer

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2024

Hi @Adrian Goliasz and welcome to the Community!

Check this template rule from the template library. It has all the steps you need in it to make it work (it uses a timeout of 5 days instead of 3, but apart from that, it is exactly your scenario).

Compare it to your settings and see if you can find out where you're not doing the right thing (from your description, it looks like you're trying to "edit" the status instead of transitioning the issue into the desired status).

If you still don't get there, please share (screenshots of) your complete automation rule and any messages from the rule's audit log.

Hope this helps! 

Hi!

i have done the new rule following the steps, but it does not see the fit tasks for it.

status = "Waiting for customer" and updated < -3d 

In the workflow i have the status "waiting for the approval", not the customer. Maybe do i have to introduce the right status in the command?

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2024

That might indeed help, @Adrian Goliasz 😅

Like Adrian Goliasz likes this

1.png2.png

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2024

um, yes ... 😅 - I'm afraid my Polish is a bit rusty, so is there a question with those screenshots or the good news that the rule did what it's supposed to do?

No, the rule did not find the fit tasks.

The second screen presents the task which i want to close by the rule. Oczekuje na potwierdzenie = waiting for approval.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2024

Okay - 2 things: your status does not seem to be Waiting for Approval, but "Oczekuje na potwierdzenie"

If you click on the blue link that says "sprawdź poprawność zapytania" make sure that it does return issues. If you are not sure, copy the JQL statement, navigate to Filters > View all issues and paste the query there. Modify it if necessary until it returns the issue(s) you want to change.

If you are sure that the query is correct, also consider checking the box that is sitting just below the query. In English it means something like "only update issues that were updated since the last time this rule was run". I don't think this is the problem here, but when you are trying a lot of things, this may impact your results as well.

Now it works. I was thinking that i have to use phrase in english :)

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events