Resizing of image inside Rich Text Gadget

Guy LAROCHELLE October 30, 2019

Hello,

Is it possible to insert an image that will resize inside the gadget depending on the available space?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Guy LAROCHELLE October 30, 2019

Found it already: Use 100% x 100% in the image size.

However, I also found that any automatic update resets the gadget to an empty modify state and it stops working. You need to refresh the whole page to get it to work again.

Very buggy.

0 votes
Gary Young February 5, 2021

Hey, just figured out the answer to my own question, and thought this might help someone else. While 100% in both fields didn't work, entering just 100% in the Width field only does (leave the number that it figured out based on the original image height in the Height field).

Alternately, click the Advanced tab and enter width: 100%; in the Style field.

With this approach, the image will scale based on the browser width as intended.

0 votes
Gary Young February 4, 2021

I'm not able to get 100% x 100% working. It shrinks a large image down to the width of the surrounding gadget when you're viewing it in editing, but as soon as you click Save, it bounces back to full size, and you need to use scrollbars to see the whole thing.

Am I missing something, or is this gadget just buggy?

Also, if this helps anyone else—the only way I have found for using images stored on Confluence is to save that image in a file list, then right click the filename and choose Copy Link Address. That will be an https: link ending in .png?api=v2, which will work. An image actually on a Confluence page is stored as a database blob, so right-clicking it and grabbing the link copies a url starting with blob: , which won't display in this gadget.

BTW, you might ask why I'm doing this on a Jira Dashboard vs. just doing in Confluence. Here's why—the Jira data I want to display intermittently (as in most of the time) doesn't display properly when the Jira gadget is in Confluence Cloud: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-70573 

Suggest an answer