Resize default field select list at creating issue

Leos Junek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2014

Hello to all!

At Create issue form I would like select list of default field component to be larger to span more than several items. Is that possible to set size of the field? I have found workaround to set size of custom fields, but Components is default field, not custom.

Looking forward for your suggestions :-)

Leos

JIRA administrator

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Leos Junek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2014

Nobody gave me relevant help, so I have to close this question and ask Atlassian Support Engineers: https://support.atlassian.com/browse/JSP-185156

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2014

check the following document, i hope this is what you are looking for!!

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Changing+the+Size+and+Content+of+the+Components+Select+List

Leos Junek
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2014

It seems good. I'm running JIRA 6.1.5, but instruction you posted is valid for JIRA 5.2.x. First part of instructions, i.e. Deploying Velocity Templates without a Restart, was done wihtout any problem. However, I could not get through part Increasing the size of the field because in "components-edit.vm" I have no line mentioned in istruction. What should I do next?

Leos Junek
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2014

Does anyone have experience with JIRA 6.1.x and resizing default fields, please?

Suggest an answer