Reset strikethrough

Outerheaven January 21, 2013

Hello there,

i ve got a problem with the strikethrough.

Everything working fine untill you move your task to done. Then your task will be marked as solved (by a postfunktion) and it get strikethrough. Ok thats good.

But if i want to set the task back its marked by postfunkion as "not resolved" but it s still been strikethrough. That is bad. It shouldn t been strikethrough at this moment.

So my question is: How can i reset the strikthrough funktion at this moment. Our users are confused about that and want that fixed.

Any ideas about that?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2013

When you say the post-function has marked it as "not resolved", do you mean you have added a resolution of "not resolved"? If so, that's the problem. Your post function needs to *clear* the resolution and you need to delete the resolution of "not resolved" from Jira's list of resolutions. Because ANY resolution means "resolved and to be struck through"

Outerheaven January 21, 2013

Ok i ve change the resolution to "none" and the task isn t strikethrough.

But isn t there a way to set the resolution to another status (like not solved) and the task won t get strike through?

It can t be that the status "not solved" meant solved for jira and it striks through the task.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2013

That's correct.

The whole point of the resolution field is recording the resolution. If an issue has a resolution, then it is resolved and should be struck out. So, "none" or "unresolved" on the screen mean "there is a null in the database". As soon as you put anything in it, the issue is resolved. Doesn't matter if the text of what you enter is "unresolved", "not resolved", "bitten by a penguin" - it's resolved because you have filled it in.

Think it through too - how would you go about telling Jira that your resolution of "bitten by penguin" actually means "unresolved, but we're putting data in here anyway". That's a nonsense to begin with and Jira doesn't support it.

Personally, I don't like the way the resolution field works in Jira (the system shouldn't be looking there, it should be a flag on the workflow), but the way it's currently implemented is logical. Not intuitive, I'd also say.

Like Tomasz Dusza likes this

Suggest an answer