Reset password email is not delivered to user mailbox

egg-purchase purchase February 13, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Creating, editing, and deleting users

Hi,

I have done bulk uploaded the user into the new Jira's project. Either invitation & reset password emails are not delivered to user mailbox. I'm checking the system administrator who taking care the SMTP gateway of my organization. However, I would like to know exactly about 

1. What is the sender email of JIRA cloud version when we click "reset password"
  2. What is the sender email of JIRA cloud version when we invite a new account into the project

Then I can provide this information to the SMTP administrator to do the whitelist if the email is prevented by spam filtering engine.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 vote
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2017

Hi,

The email address can be found in JIRA at System > Send email.  It's normally in the format of jira@[your cloud instance name].atlassian.net.

For example, assuming your cloud instance is eggdigital.atlassian.net, your email would be jira@eggdigital.atlassian.net

Suggest an answer