Reset Tempo Books

Dennis Poort December 4, 2015

I want to evaluate Tempo Books. Having used Tempo Timesheets and Accounts already means I have many hours that are registred which are already billed in other ways and do not need to go into the Tempo Books administration.

Is there some way to reset the accounts? Like, start clean, instead of using old data that was not intended to be in Tempo Books?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Tempo Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2016

Hi Dennis

There is currently no reset function on account data for the purposes you have described.

What you can do, as a workaround, is create new accounts and attach it to the projects. For newly created issues you can use the new accounts (define them in the account custom field on the issue). This way old issues will have the old account which you do not use in Books. New issues will have the new accounts, and you can choose to view these accounts in Books, with the data that is relevant to you.

If you wish to use both old and new accounts on the same issue you can configure accounts as a worklog attribute. That way you define the account per worklog, instead of per issue. For more information please see: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO0716/Account+as+a+Worklog+Attribute

If this is not feasible to you, you can either create a new feature request at: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/JTS/Getting+Help+and+Support

Or create a support request so that we can further assist at: support.tempo.io

Best regards,

Heiða

Tempo

Dennis Poort January 14, 2016

Is there a reason for me not to delete all existing Tempo accounts? For example?

We use timesheets and planner, but we mostly plan from the issues, so team links to Tempo accounts are not that relevant. Are planned items with Tempo Planner mapped to Tempo accounts or to projects/issues? What information do I lose when removing an account?

Dennis Poort February 16, 2016

What I am currently thinking of is mass edit ALL of our issues, clearing the Account field. Then delete all of the current Tempo Accounts. Then create new accounts and attach them to issues.

This will not delete the worklogs itself, will it? It would just remove the link to a Tempo Account right?

Dennis Poort February 16, 2016

Hm never mind, this is not fantastic either. Mass editing issues results in all kind of limitations with workflow restrictions on editing issues. Also tempo accounts can't be easily mass edited. :/

Suggest an answer