Requirements Report - No Requirements in the Report

Javier Arias Martín May 1, 2012

Hello.

My name is Javier and I am from Spain.

I have lately started using Jira and I have a big problem.

Once I have configurated everything in Jira, I have created several requirement issues. After this, I have created a requirement report issue and I have linked all the requirements using a customized filter (I have checked this filter really works). Then, I have generated the report (in .pdf format although I have tried other formats) and everything is correct except for the fact that any requirement has been added to the report.

I don t know what to do, because it is very important for me to solve this situation and I don t have any solution to this problem.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you for your time.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2012

It's not clear to me what you are doing, or expecting here. You've said "requirement" several times without explaining what you mean by that in Jira-language.

To try to understand it, could you tell us:

• What a requirement is? Is it an issue type, or a field on issues (if it's a field, then what type of field is it, and where have you added it - global or limited to specific projects?)
  • "I have linked all the requirements using a customized filter" - could you explain what you mean by this? Some form of bulk update?
  • " Then, I have generated the report " - where? What report? What did you tell Jira to do - download from the issue navigator? Run a report off one of the menus? Configured a dashboard?
  • Is there some plugin providing this functionality?
Javier Arias Martín May 1, 2012

First of all, thank you for answering to me.

1. A requirement is an issue type where you can fill several fields (category, summary, title,...)

2 and 3. When I have created, for example, 6 requirements, I create a requirement report (also an issue type). When I create a requirement report, I can link (attach) the requirements I have just created (the 6 requirements) and generate the requirement report.

4. I am unaware of knowing if there is some plugin providing this functionality. If it is useful for you, I am using the GreenHoper plugin to manage three different projects although I don t know if there is some special plugin to create the requirement report (I will ask in case it is valuable information).

I hope I have explained correctly.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2012

Yes, that's much more clear, thank you.

You've still not explained what a "requirement report" is though. There's nothing by that name in the core of Jira, or Greenhopper (hence my question 4 - it sounds like a plugin might be giving you more functions than we're familiar with)

Suggest an answer