Required sign "*" should be shown on workflow transition views

Elke Perner February 27, 2013

Hello,

I have on each transition defined transition views and different fields which are required on these specific

transition. Is it possible to mark these fields also with a *?

At the moment the field is a required field but no one knows this because the only possibility to see that the field is required is, to try the state change and see the fields which are required.

Maybe a screenshot shows the problem.

Best REgards

Elke

6 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2013
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2013

Thanks a Lot!!! Jobin, i am also looking for this

Elke Perner March 5, 2013

hello,

thank you very much for this link. It's very good, I hope it will work.

Can you tell me, where I can enter this javascript? I don't know which file I have to edit or where I should enter the described javascript.

BR Elke

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2013

add it on field description in field configuration scheme of a specifi project

Elke Perner March 5, 2013

ok thanks! It works perfect.

Does this also works for system fields?

BR ELke

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2013

Yes, although the names/ids of the system fields in the html are very different from the custom field names (and a lot more obvious - assignee, reporter, priority etc)

Elke Perner March 18, 2013

The workaround is perfect for select fields and normal custom fields. But it doesn't work on checkbox fields. Maybe the name of the field is different as customfield_id.

Do you have any idea?

BR Elke

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2013

try something like this

AJS.$("#customfield_12310-1").parent().children('label').append('<span class="aui-icon icon-required"></span>');

Elke Perner March 18, 2013

I have tried it but it doesn't work. The * doesn't appear.

1 vote
Chaithra N
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2013

For chechkbox

<script type="text/javascript">

AJS.$("#customfield_xxxx-1").parent().parent().children('legend').children('span').append('<span class="aui-icon icon-required"></span>');

</script>

Elke Perner April 21, 2013

Thank you very much. It works now perfectly! Thank you! BIG Thank you!

Best Regards

Elke

0 votes
Elke Perner May 20, 2013

Hi everybody,

I have found the solution.

The Comment field is not a normal systemfield and it was only possible to add the * to the label. It works with the following script:

<script type="text/javascript">

{

AJS.$("label[for=comment]").append('<span class="aui-icon icon-required"></span>');

}

</script>

BR Elke

0 votes
Elke Perner May 20, 2013

Hello again,

Does anyone know how the system field: Comment is used through the javascript.

I have tried: <script type="text/javascript">

{ AJS.$("#comment").parent().children('label').append('<span class="aui-icon icon-required">

but it doesn't working.

BR Elke

0 votes
Elke Perner February 27, 2013

this is very very bad. I hope someone find a workaround. I am still hoping!

BR Elke

0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2013

I had the same requirement, couldn't find any work around yet. I don't think there is one.

Suggest an answer