Required fields being requested on screens they aren`t configured to show?

When I attempt to create an issue in certain project, JIRA tells I must fill an obligatory field first:

temp1.png

Indeed, this fields is set as "required" in this project`s field configuration.

However, it isn't configured for this screen (it really does not show to me when I`m opening the issue). In this project, I use one screen to create the issue and another screen to the rest:

temp2.png

The mentioned field doesn't appear in neither of them.

I also don`t have any kind of validator in the "project requested" transition.

Finally, it happens with other fields as well (e.g. time tracking).

What might be wrong?

1 answer

0 vote

Screens are a list of fields to present to a user when an action is taken.

The mandatory flag is a flag to say "this field must be filled for the issue"

You have set up a situation where you're demanding a field be entered, but then not giving the field to the user for them to enter it.

The screen and field configurations do not interact, they rely on you to set them up with an understanding of the actual requirements.

Note - if you need fields to be partly mandatory (e.g. blank on create, but you can't close an issue without it), then you need to use validators on the relevant workflow transitions.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,308 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot