Required field for specific transition ?

emrah cakir August 22, 2012

Do i have an option to make field required for specific transition ? As you know, when a required field assigned any transition, system ask to fill the required field on all screens for mentioned issue type. That makes it useless for us. I hope i described the problem well enough. Is there any solution for that problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2012

You need to write or find a "validator" which you can add to a workflow transition. These can check just about anything and get back to the user with a message if they get it wrong.

I have written a couple, but the most obvious one - "field is required" - is implemented in several plugins on the marketplace - I use the one in the "Jira Suite Utilities" because it's there and it works fine (it actually allows "fieldS are required", so you can set more than one in a single validator), but it's worth looking at the other workflow plugins as they may offer you other things you can use.

Suggest an answer