Required Fields in Create

Avi Ziv July 16, 2014

Hi,

1. I do not want to use default field customization in Jira, becuase its limitation.

2. Several plugins cope with this problem, using Validators (for example: JSU, Jira Misc Custom Fields), but the Required Field validation is activated only after the user try to create an issue.

3. How to present in Create screen/transition Required fields in advanced? [Jira Behaviours Plugin is supposed to do it, but it's not ready for v. 6.2]

Some ideas?

Thanks,

Gaby

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2014

You've just explicitly ruled out all the best ways to do it, so I'm afraid you're stuck.

The best way to do it is use field configurations as intended.

The second best way is to use validators, although you could look into combining them with some (usually ugly, and decoupled from the validator) hacks to place informative text on the page to warn users that the fields are required.

Avi Ziv July 16, 2014

Field Configuration defined its behaviour during all the workflow. I do not want it.

Thanks for your rapid response.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2014

Yes, so move to the second best way to do it. I'm afraid you don't have many options here really. Validators and a hack to provide visual information are the best option.

Avi Ziv July 16, 2014

Nic,

I am trying to use "Message field" from Jira Toolkit Plugin.

Is possible to use it for Create screen?

Or to insert informative text?

Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 16, 2014

Yes, you'll need to use a field that is for "edit" screens, but you can put whatever text you like on-screen with that.

Avi Ziv July 16, 2014

It's does not appears in Create Screen, even if in 'where is my field', everything is correct...
Thank you a lot.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 16, 2014

This is one of the trade offs in using a COTS product.

Suggest an answer