Required Field causing error in Clone Issue Operation

Pangeel Shubha November 27, 2019

We changed the Workflow and Field Configuration for a particular issue type recently.

The new field configuration has certain "Field Required Validators" in the Create Transition for certain new fields added.

When i try CLONING an issue that was created before the workflow/field config changes, it gives me an error as in the image below. Clone Error.JPG

After trial and error and reading many posts, I have concluded it is because of the "Field Required" validator. But this validator is MANDATORY for the new workflow.

Is there any workaround for this issue.

Does CLONE issue follow the regular workflow as CREATE, and in that case can I add some condition/validator/post-function to handle this in the workflow, by giving an option to enter the REQUIRED FIELDS or something.

Please advise. Thanks in advance. 

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user November 27, 2019

Hi @Pangeel Shubha ,

If the issue types are different, you can make a copy of that workflow/field configuration and remove the field from the mandatory list.

Since the field is mandatory, the only way is to update the field with some value or make the field optional.

Thanks,
Sravya

Pangeel Shubha December 1, 2019

Thank you. 

I have informed the users that they need to update the mandatory fields before cloning the issue as making the fields optional is not an option. 

Suggest an answer