Require time spent for certain projects on resolution screen

Jessica_Moszkowicz July 30, 2014

I'm trying to figure out how I can force users on particular projects to log their work when they resolve an issue, but I don't want to force this constraint on the entire company. Is such a thing possible? If so, how?

2 answers

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2014

I think this will depend on whether or not those are specific users. You would use your workflow to designate the transition based on the user.

I think you would create 2 distinct groups to house the users; those that have to enter time and those that do not, so that you can now have 2 distinct workflow transitions. The first workflow transition will have a condition that only users who do not have to enter time can execute it, and the second will have a condition that only users that do have to enter time can execute it; the latter will have the validator on the time spent field and it's own resolution screen.

I haven't tried this, but in theory this should accomplish what you're looking for.

0 votes
Ashley Jean July 30, 2014

You could potentially use a custom workflow in that project with a transition that includes a resolution screen that prompts them to fill in time (if you don't already have one) and a condition/validator to not let them continue unless the field on the 'screen' is completed. I haven't done this with the time field, but I have done it with other fields.

This would require configuration adjustments to create the screen you want to show for the transition (if you don't already have one), to copy/update the workflow to inculde the screen and transition rules, then to create a new workflow scheme to inculde the new workflow, then to associate the workflow scheme with the project(s) you want to change.

Suggest an answer