Require confluence link to transition issue

Kristian Peacocke March 26, 2014

Is it possible to require a conflunce link (so a "Wiki Page" issue link type) to transition an issue from (for example) "In Progress" to "Resolved"?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2014

You can use script runner plugin to add a validator which will execute a groovy script to check if the required link is present before the transition gets executed and to fail the validation if the link is not there.

Kristian Peacocke March 27, 2014

When we're trying to find the required link type to look for, it's like a wiki link (or conlfuence link) isn't a valid link type.

Do you have any idea what we'd search the issue for to validate against?

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2014

Can you give an example of how you're trying to find it, so I can eventually spot any problems?

Kristian Peacocke March 27, 2014
Cracked it. I was searching for issuelinks, and naturally confluence is a remote issue link!
Tej March 9, 2017

Hello,

Even I need to validate a transition where it requires a confluence link or any wiki link

any idea about the script which I need to add?

Thanks

Dave

Attila Zs September 29, 2017

Hi @Kristian Peacocke

can you share with us your "cracked" solution?

Thanks,

Attila

Michael Rosenberg December 11, 2018

Has anyone resolved this?

Suggest an answer