Require a field to be changed during transition

Linus Lindroth August 12, 2015

Hi

Is there no way of setting a validator that require the Due Date to be change during a transition? With Script Runner I can only chose 4 other fields.

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mark McCormack _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2015

Linus, I presume you are using the Scripted Validator that looks like this in your Transition:

Screen Shot 2015-08-12 at 17.34.02.png

Please note that the fields available to you will ONLY reflect the fields available in the transition screen so you will need to ensure that the DueDate field is included in the transition screen in order to require the Due Date change. So you will likely find that the transition screen you are using only has the 4 fields you mentioned as options. Please try updating your screen to include Due Date and you should find it appears as an option in the validator.

I hope that helps.

0 votes
Linus Lindroth August 12, 2015

That I did not know so if I add the field to the screen that will do the trick?

thank you 

Mark McCormack _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2015

yes, that should do the trick.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2015

I don't know of any plugin that will allow you to force a change to a field. Check the marketplace for plugins that relate to transitions.

Suggest an answer