Require a a minimum length in a string field?

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2013

I can -- and do -- require a certain text field to have a value and to be changed at a certain step in the workflow. But busy/lazy users can just type in a single character and move on. I would like to require that the text they enter be a minimum number of characters. Anyone have a way to do this?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2013

Based on the comments above, I infer that there is no native way to achieve this validation.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2013

you can use Regex Validator Validator from the following plugin

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.andreymarkelov.atlas.plugins.utils

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2013

Hi,
You can do it with javascript or in validator using one of scripting plugins like jss, jjupin,..

Suggest an answer