Require Jira Issue Id in SourceTree Commit

Stefan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

Hello,

is there a way to require a (valid) jira issue id in the comment when I commit something with SoureTree to my git repository?

I use SourceTree with Bitbucket and Jira OnDemand.

Ciao!
Stefan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

Check this issue out:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-1245

Else, you might just have to create a pre-commit hook.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2015

Validating this on the server-side, using a Git hook, is more secure than doing this in SourceTree, because you probably can't control the settings in every single SourceTree used by your team.

Commit Policy Plugin makes it easy to verify Git commits (commit message, committer, referenced issues, changed files) via JIRA. You can manage commit policies in the web, and apply them to Git (and Mercurial and Subversion) repositories:

commit-policies.png

Stefan
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2015

Thanks for the link, it looks interesting, but we are on the Cloud...

Suggest an answer