Request type being hidden but,

KRC December 15, 2017

I have an ask, We have a JSD project and with three defined issue types and related request types just to keep all together. Now I have added a new issue type to JSD project called BUG and it has no request type associated with it, yet if a bug is created in the project by clicking black create button on top, can it be displayed under My Requests of each customer associated to the project/organization?, I know a request type can be seen under My Request. The bug should not be visible in the portal so I have not created any request type for that. And I don't want to send out emails via post function to customers involved in the organization.

Any thoughts...

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2017

The only way an issue appears in your my requests is if you are the reporter, you are in the requested participants, or the issue has been shared with an organization that you are member of.

You can't have multiple reporters, and there isn't a clear way to update the requested participants field for all the users you would want to include.  So while that leaves an organization as one possible way to share this issue with lots of other users, I am not yet convinced this is the best solution here.

Since the issue type, bug, doesn't actually have a request type in Service Desk, it isn't clear to me if this issue can even be viewed in the customer portal.   And if you can't view it on the customer portal, then JSD customers are not expected to be able to see these.

Instead I think it would be better to create a separate, non-JSD project where you can create that issue type bug and the issue itself over there.  Granted you can't link this in the customer portals My requests, but you could instead setup the project to be publicly available, kind of like the Jira Service Desk server project is publicly visible in https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/JSDSERVER

KRC December 18, 2017

Thank you for sharing your knowledge

Suggest an answer