Request direction on migrating / moving 4.45 from W2K3 to W2K8

Don Kenny April 2, 2013

Can you direct me to a link (s) that detail the requirments, steps, any information for moving JIRA from Windows Server 2003 to 2008.

Thanks, Don

3 answers

0 votes
Don Kenny April 7, 2013

Thank you Tiago and Lucas,

I read the documentation and it appears to be very straightforward. We will move this from a physical environment to a VM in our Cloud. My expectation is that it will be a transparent process. I do want to ask if you are aware of any feedback from clients who did the same migration with the same version of JIRA? If so were there any hiccups?

Thanks again,

Don

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

Hi Don,

The detailed instructions are described here:

- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Upgrading+JIRA

For a quick n' dirty procedure, you can:

- Shutdown JIRA on the W2K3 server;
- Backup the JIRA database on W2K3;
- Copy the $JIRA_HOME directory to the W2K8 server;
- Restore the JIRA database on the W2K8;
- Install JIRA on W2K8;
- On W2K8, point the jira.home on $JIRA_INST/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jira-application.properties to the location where you copied the $JIRA_HOME from W2K3;
- Edit $JIRA_HOME/dbconfig.xml and fix the new server IP and database;
- Start JIRA on W2K8;

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

Hi Don,

We have this documentation that has details steps to migrate JIRA to anothe server: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+JIRA+to+Another+Server

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Suggest an answer