The detailed instructions are described here:
For a quick n' dirty procedure, you can:
- Shutdown JIRA on the W2K3 server;
- Backup the JIRA database on W2K3;
- Copy the $JIRA_HOME directory to the W2K8 server;
- Restore the JIRA database on the W2K8;
- Install JIRA on W2K8;
- On W2K8, point the jira.home on $JIRA_INST/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jira-application.properties to the location where you copied the $JIRA_HOME from W2K3;
- Edit $JIRA_HOME/dbconfig.xml and fix the new server IP and database;
- Start JIRA on W2K8;
Thank you Tiago and Lucas,
I read the documentation and it appears to be very straightforward. We will move this from a physical environment to a VM in our Cloud. My expectation is that it will be a transparent process. I do want to ask if you are aware of any feedback from clients who did the same migration with the same version of JIRA? If so were there any hiccups?
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot