Request Type Security

Tom De Blende May 11, 2017

We are using Jira Service Desk Cloud. Customers can log requests either through the shared portal.

For one customer, we want to offer the option to request a certain service, that other customers can't. So we created a new Request Type. How can we hide this from all other customers (or how can it be made available only to one customer)?

2 answers

0 votes
Katarzyna Pawlak March 1, 2018

Hi @Tom De Blende,

I'm from InTENSO. You can solve this problem using our app Extension for JSD, but if only you use Jira Server... We offer a functionality named Visibility. In Request Types tab, you can select which request types will be visible for selected groups of users. Please read our documentation

We have already started to develop this app for Jira Cloud. I hope that we will release it as soon as possible! I will come back to you with better news :)

Best regards,

Katarzyna

Tom De Blende March 4, 2018

Thanks @Katarzyna Pawlak, let me know when the Cloud version is ready!

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2017

I've only seen that possibility in Server using Intenso - Extension for Service Desk Plugin.  I think it's a much needed base feature for Service Desk. 

Suggest an answer