Request Restiriction From IE

Batuhan Kandiran December 27, 2012

Hi Everyone,

I want to restrict requests to JIRA 5 from internet explorer. I have searched for a while
but i couldnt find any information.

in server.xml file <Valve> tags can be use for restriction at Tomcat side. Is there any user-agent restiriction valve to use.
Or any other solution to block requests to JIRA from internet exlorer.

Thank You.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2012

Hi Batuhan,

This would need to be done either in Tomcat, or even better on the web server because there is no restrictions like that in JIRA at the moment and frankly it's better to block it at the web server anyway rather than expecting JIRA to do it out of the box. However, I'm sorry to say that you appear to be an OnDemand customer and as such we cannot assist you in making the required changes because these things are covered by our OnDemand Restricted Functions Policy: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

Therefore, if this functionality is vital to you then I would recommend setting up JIRA in-house, configuring a web server such as Apache in front of it and getting it to block requests from IE reaching the application.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer