Reports from Rapid Board? Or managing a scrum team with multiple projects?

Cassie Recio September 18, 2012

Hi,

I have a team working on multiple projects in JIRA. I need to prioritize the work that is across four different JIRA projects. I just set this up using the Kanban Rapid Board because the Scrum Boards only seem to be appropriate for one project at a time.

How can I get a report showing what has been completed over a given period of time?

Or maybe someone has a better recomendation of how I can use one filter (which includes multiple projects) to manage a scrum team?

I currently have Atlassian JIRA (v4.4.3#663-r165197) & GreenHopper (v5.8.7)...

Thanks so much!

1 answer

0 votes
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012

Hi Cassie,

5.8.7 is a very old version of GreenHopper, we're currently on version 6.0.3, over 15 releases from 5.8.7. If you upgrade you'll get much better Scrum support in the new boards.

In terms of a report showing what's completed over time, perhaps you should check out the Cumulative Flow Diagram in the Report section, use the 'Refine' button to select just Done statuses.

Thanks,
Shaun

Cassie Recio September 18, 2012

If I upgrade to 6.0.3, can I use a filter on a board that contains more than one project?

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012

Sure, in 6.0.3 what used to be called 'Rapid Boards' are the default boards. They can work across projects.

Thanks,
Shaun

Charles Swartz November 8, 2012

Hi Shaun,

I like the Cumulative Flow Chart but this can only be used for 1 project at a time. My board is used for 5 different projects. Is there a way for me to use a Kanban board query with the cumulative flow chart?

Thanks,
Charles

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2012

Hi Charles,

That isn't the case, access the 'Cumulative Flow Chart' in the Report mode of your Kanban board, it is not project sensitive.

Thanks,
Shaun

Suggest an answer