Reports from Rapid Board? Or managing a scrum team with multiple projects?

Hi,

I have a team working on multiple projects in JIRA. I need to prioritize the work that is across four different JIRA projects. I just set this up using the Kanban Rapid Board because the Scrum Boards only seem to be appropriate for one project at a time.

How can I get a report showing what has been completed over a given period of time?

Or maybe someone has a better recomendation of how I can use one filter (which includes multiple projects) to manage a scrum team?

I currently have Atlassian JIRA (v4.4.3#663-r165197) & GreenHopper (v5.8.7)...

Thanks so much!

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Cassie,

5.8.7 is a very old version of GreenHopper, we're currently on version 6.0.3, over 15 releases from 5.8.7. If you upgrade you'll get much better Scrum support in the new boards.

In terms of a report showing what's completed over time, perhaps you should check out the Cumulative Flow Diagram in the Report section, use the 'Refine' button to select just Done statuses.

Thanks,
Shaun

If I upgrade to 6.0.3, can I use a filter on a board that contains more than one project?

Sure, in 6.0.3 what used to be called 'Rapid Boards' are the default boards. They can work across projects.

Thanks,
Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I like the Cumulative Flow Chart but this can only be used for 1 project at a time. My board is used for 5 different projects. Is there a way for me to use a Kanban board query with the cumulative flow chart?

Thanks,
Charles

Hi Charles,

That isn't the case, access the 'Cumulative Flow Chart' in the Report mode of your Kanban board, it is not project sensitive.

Thanks,
Shaun

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

233 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you