Reports and actual issues information is inconsistent

rakhi August 7, 2012

We have build some filters long back and my understanding is when we update the issues, the filters update by its own as well.

I see some inconsistency- e.g one filters showz status as open and when I open the issue it shows Closed status. Seme with the assignee -filters shows ABC where as issue shows XYZ.

does anyone know why this is happening ? or how to rectify it?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2012

Filters are dynamic - they show you the current details of the issues they return

If this is wrong, and doesn't match what you see when you go to the actual issue, then it's almost certainly a broken index for that issue. Try updating the issue (any update in the UI reindexes the issue) and see if that fixes it. If so, then you need to do two things

1. Re-index

2. Work out what is making your index drift away from the data. Plugins, external actions, server crashes?

rakhi August 8, 2012

Thanks reindexing worked

1 vote
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

Did you have any problem with the index ? I would recommend you to do a re-indexing on JIRA, afterwards test if this still happens.

rakhi August 8, 2012

thanks Reindexing worked

Suggest an answer