Reports and actual issues information is inconsistent

We have build some filters long back and my understanding is when we update the issues, the filters update by its own as well.

I see some inconsistency- e.g one filters showz status as open and when I open the issue it shows Closed status. Seme with the assignee -filters shows ABC where as issue shows XYZ.

does anyone know why this is happening ? or how to rectify it?

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Filters are dynamic - they show you the current details of the issues they return

If this is wrong, and doesn't match what you see when you go to the actual issue, then it's almost certainly a broken index for that issue. Try updating the issue (any update in the UI reindexes the issue) and see if that fixes it. If so, then you need to do two things

1. Re-index

2. Work out what is making your index drift away from the data. Plugins, external actions, server crashes?

Thanks reindexing worked

Did you have any problem with the index ? I would recommend you to do a re-indexing on JIRA, afterwards test if this still happens.

thanks Reindexing worked

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

23,910 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you