Reports - How to create and export

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2012

Hi,

I want to have an excel report that will the display the following:

For each user, how many hours he worked per component. I want to separate work on bug with work on task/story.

Something like:

John, February 2012

Component: X, 4d bugs, 8d tasks

Component: Y, 3d bugs, 12d tasks

etc...

How do I achieve it?

Thanks,

Janiv/

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

This is a fairly custom request, thus there is (probably) no out-of-the-box solution.

You can (relatively) simply implement this and similar reports using our JIRA PDF View Plugin:

1. Run the filter that returns the set of input issues, and invoke the plugin through the "PDF" link in the "View" dropdown menu.
  2. Write a little Groovy script that iterates over the returned collection of issues, and:
  3. Build a map of <username> -> <month> -> <component> -> <statistics>. Statistics should contain separate counters for bugs, tasks, etc. The Multimap implementations in Guava will make it very easy.
  4. Iterate over this map and format the values into the PDF, which then the plugin for download for you.

This is fairly straightforward to implement, and you can follow these tutorials:

Here is the sample output of a timesheet report that works somewhat similar:

2 votes
Raimonds Simanovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2012

You can try eazyBI reporting application for JIRA which will allow you to create user work log reports by projects / components as well as by any other JIRA standard or custom field.

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2012

Thanks,

I did not find a way to download it.

I've signed up.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Raimonds Simanovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2012

Leaving response here as well - eazyBI is not downloadable JIRA plugin but is software as a service web application which downloads data from JIRA using REST API and then you use https://eazybi.com to analyze your data.

Raimonds Simanovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2012

Now also installable eazyBI plugin for JIRA is available https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.eazybi.jira.plugins.eazybi-jira

0 votes
Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2012

Create a JQL query you need, than Views->Excel and using Pivot table you will be able to achive your goal

---

After you have your excel report, go to Insert->Pivot Table and select the the table (from titles till end of the table, check that no rubish data is selected, just table with headings).

After that you will have Pivot table Field List and 4 areas to filter and visualize your data.

Drag to Column Labels: Issue Type

Drag to Row Labels: Component/s

Drag to Values: Time Spent

after that you will have something you've described.

Example:

<colgroup><col width="135"> <col width="114"> <col width="93"> <col width="87"> <col width="60"> <col width="34"> <col width="79"> </colgroup>
Count of Time Spent Column Labels
Row Labels Bug Improvement New Feature Sub-task Task Grand Total
(blank) 100 10 15 5 1 131
Grand Total 100 10 15 5 1 131

I the example above I have no any components, so you report will have more rows

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2012

Thanks Alex,

What JQL query will bring me for each user, how many hours he worked per component?

Thanks,

Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2012

As JQL applies only for issues, and as I understand no need to track 'from' and 'to' date, empty JQL will work, that returns all the issues.

After Export to Excel you will have an ability to filter the necessary data as you wish

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2012

Do you have any sample how to get each user's hours seperated by issue type?

Thanks

Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2012

regarding: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3427

What I've proposed is the report that is depends on asignee and issue time spent on. However if you have lots of issues with more than 1 contributors, it may be not suit you.

I know that Tempo Plugin can generate Worklog reports and export them to Excel -> than your turn with Pivot table.

Just googling I found another plugin https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/KAAM/1.Kaamelot+Overview to track worklogs, but perhaps you will find something better. In my compony we're stay with JIRA Tempo Plugin

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2012

The Tempo knows for each users how many hours he worked per component, and if it is a bug or other issue type?

Thanks,

Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2012

janiv, it will provide you just a table with all the possible fields per worklog. And with the help of Excel Pivot table you will be able to filter your content as you wish, I have shown the example how to do that in my answer. You will be able to filter the worklogs per user, per component, per issue, as you need.

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2012

Thanks,

I did it.

However, it gives me a row for each issue. For each row there is only one column Time Spent.

How would I know for each row, how many hours were logged by who?

Thanks.

Janiv.

Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2012

please look once aqgain through the thread, without any additions, you'll have just issue report, howerver we were speaking about worklog report that you can have with a bunch of plugins.

Suggest an answer