Reporting on workflow transitions

Bart De Jonge July 30, 2012

In our Jira implementation we work with a self made workflow.

I see Jira collects the time between each transition, who excuted the transition, the number of times a transition was executed and so on.

I want to make reports on this information, but i don't find this information.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bart De Jonge October 17, 2012

Conclusion: The information I need is not readily available. I need scripting en custom fields to fullfill my needs.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2012

Just answered a similar question here. You can create custom fields as per your requirements and script it to return the right data.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/95556/how-to-get-the-time-spent-report-of-issues-in-a-particular-status?page=1#96116

0 votes
Joachim Ooi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2012

Hello,

Which JIRA version that you are running on? Starting JIRA 4.4 onwards, there is a new feature where it provides a visual representation of your workflow. See this - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+4.4+Release+Notes#JIRA4.4ReleaseNotes-VisualWorkflowDesigner .

Do you think this is something that you are looking at?

Regards,

Joachim

Bart De Jonge October 10, 2012

No what I am looking at is:

Jira collects and displays transition data (I try to attach a screenshot but don't have enough credits):

1. the time between each transition
  2. who excuted the transition
  3. the number of times a transition was executed
  4. ...

I try to use this information in a report but I don't find the information anywhere.

Regards,

Bart

Purushotham Reddy Mera January 9, 2018

Hi Bart,

I am in the same boat as you, looking for a report for transition times to evaluate the time taken for each transition. If you found an answer already, please share.

Thanks,

Purush

Bappaditya Roy July 16, 2020

Hi Purush - I am using Time in status column in Structure for this purpose and it is quite good way for reporting.

But some how stuck with the execution counts here.

Br

Bappa

Suggest an answer